How To Create Marketing Strategies Using Social Media And User-Generated Content Marketing for Tourism Hospitality Business
1.WHY TOURISM MARKETING SERVICES SHOULD IMPLEMENT USER-GENERATED CONTENT INTO SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGNS
‘Through local and online tourism destination visitor participation in Story and UGC via social media sales can be multiplied by a multiple.’
To achieve this, it is first of all fundamentally important to correctly define UGC Marketing For Tourism Destinations:
GOH’s User-Generated Content Tourism Marketing Definition
- Firstly, UGC in tourism marketing is authentic content produced by users in a direct relation to this tourism destination. GOH defines UGC NOT as being picked out randomly from social media platforms and put into a (non authentic) destination relationship.
- That’s the reason why your local and online visitors need inspiration and encouragement with UGC campaigns to create and share this related digital holiday destination statement. Best done by an inspiring and empowering call to action framework. Initiated from that tourism destination by setting up UGC social media marketing campaigns.
- Finally, the aim of User-Generated Content, as a UGC tourism marketing communication strategy, is to raise interest for your tourism destination. Best done in the digital age with digital social media marketing UGC strategy campaigns in the forms of Word-of-Mouth recommendation.
- With the aim to, last but not least, raise tourism platform destination interest by strongly building the social media. AND to significantly increase sales.
You may ask yourself as a tourism destination: But Why give the power to the user?
The answer is simple:
It became obligate at that point where passive consumers connected themselves on social media platforms. With the result that consumer content and opinions get relevant for a large number of other consumers.
That actually is the turning point where passive consumers became active clicking USERS. Users are brand experts and became opinion leaders. They luckily became relevant again for the product and service on the market!
This is obviously fundamentally important for the quality of product and service. Marketing is no longer a one way communication; it is again like the original design of a marketplace. -> Customer experience again becomes fundamentally important and relevant for the brand, but this time on a marketplace, which is globally connected.
Moroever, there are the fundamentals of UGC Marketing, too. WORD-OF-MOUTH IS ACTUALLY THE PERFECT BREEDING GROUND FOR UGC. It is the contemporary main reason WHY User-Generated Content (UGC) offers all the benefits of contemporary marketing including social media. In a digital age, the question ‘WHY AT ALL use social media and social media campaigns in marketing?’ became obsolete!
Therefore, UGC is the perfect tool for tourism destination marketing to give your local and online visitors what they need to express their experience, their passion and their relationship to your awesome tourism destination!
A PRACTICAL EXAMPLE FOR A TOURISM MARKETING STRATEGY MIX WITH USER-GENERATED CONTENT AND STORYTELLING: SCHOENBRUNN SECRET TALE
‘The true advantage of User-Generated Content Tourism Marketing is to inspire your your local and online visitors to experience and express your destinations story – the true meaning of it.’
- Boost your tourism destination social media platform and strengthen your online sales funnel successfully
Tourism marketing strategy goals and objectives in the digital age are to deliver an awesome experience, which is not new BUT ALSO to deliver an easy way with easy online tools for your local and online visitors to express that awesome experience!
- Best done by delivering a social media UGC engagement framework for your fellow tourists to easily express that amazing travel experience.
- Best done in connection to your digital tourism destination social media platform.
- To finally strengthen your existing social media marketing platform with awesome UGC to build a trustful sales funnel including these digital activities to boost your sales.
- Using social media marketing tools like the SCHOENBRUNN SECRET TALE website and App to accelerate your tourism destination marketing
The tourism social media marketing campaign features of Schoenbrunn Secret Tale are meant to engage travelers, who visit Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna Austria with an interactive Story and engaging UGC.
This to involve your local and online visitors and take part in the actions around the garden of Schönbrunn Palace. The story inspires users to actively share their photos and videos they did at that tourism destination, which actually is UGC. The concept including UGC, which is applied in Schoenbrunn Secret Tale Concept can easily be applied to your tourism destination platform, too.
Check Out The Schoenbrunn Secret Tale Video:
It gets clear that this innovative social media marketing campaign concept inspires your local and online visitors to better get into your tourism destination characteristics and core values. And finally to better experience that unique selling proposition of your tourism destination.
Furthermore, this is also the basis and advantage of combining interactive Storytelling and UGC Marketing. It helps your social media marketing platform and tourism destination visitors to experience and share your destinations story, the background and the meaning of it – the awesomeness of your destination.
That is the Storytelling Framework: It inspires your local and online visitors to participate also in related business activities to your destination. In addition, it’s all about the discovery of secret and unknown stories connected to your destination.
Like done in Schoenbrunn Secret Tale with the secret stories about the Garden of Schönbrunn Palace. We can easily create a story including User-Generated Content frameworks for your individual needs and destination platform marketing strategy requirements. We can also easily create stories and UGC in connection to your events or other offers provided by your destination.
SCHOENBRUNN SECRET TALE Storytelling and UGC advantages applied to your tourism destination
Advantages of marketing using social media campaigns in combination with Storytelling and UGCare first of all to inspire your local and online visitors and secondly to encourage your local and online visitors to produce and create and share their own content. Finally meaning that this is the digital applied way of Mouth-of-Mouth recommendation for your destination.
Moreover, and as we know, the best thing to achieve in marketing is Mouth-of-Mouth recommendation. The best thing is a happy customer, who recommends your tourism destination to other future customers. That is exactly what UGC does multiplied by a multiple through social media!
Tourism marketing strategy and advantages of Schoenbrunn Secret Tale applied to your tourism destination.
Marketing social media advantage of Schoenbrunn Secret Tale for Schönbrunn Palace with this kind of digital entertainment including Storytelling and UGC Tourism Marketing clearly are:
- UGC strongly builds social media.
- Through the combination of Storytelling, UGC and Gamification traffic is lead directly to the online shop. This will result in increased online shop sales.
- Through inspiring destination storytelling and integrated UGC, even people who are not locally at the destination can participate in the awesome destination experience via social media: Meaning online shop sales are multiplied by a multiple!
For more valuable information on how to successfully apply this UGC Tourism Social Media Marketing Strategy Campaign Concept to Your Destination Platform feel free to contact me!
UGC is the perfect tool for tourism social media marketing to give your local and online visitors what they need to express their awesome experience and their passion in relationship to your awesome tourism destination!
‘Simply for the reason that passive consumers became global connected clicking users via the social media -> User-Generated Content became the megaphone for customers – for USERS.’
Furthermore, give your social media users, your local and online visitors the best UGC social media marketing campaign tools. This will help them better express their passion for your awesome tourism destination.
Best done by combining content frameworks with interactive Storytelling and UGC. So that your local and online visitors can create content themselves, like shown with the Schönbrunn Secret Tale Experience!
-> To sum it all up, everything related to your tourism destination will benefit from UGC. This includes your local and online visitors, your social media presence, your related offers and your sales!
About the Author
I am a driver of digital marketing innovation as well as a UGC marketing expert and UGC strategy consultant. I am also the CEO of GOH – New Media Conception & Implementation.
Moreover, you can get an appointment for a free UGC strategy chat directly on the GOH website.
-> For more valuable information on how to successfully apply this social media marketing strategy campaign concept to your tourism destination feel free to contact me directly via the GOH website.
Moreover, you can check out my previous post about UGC Marketing Strategies here: