Tips for leading a private life
Many people nowadays suffer from the need to please others and be part of the “in-group”. Does this need have a cost? Of course it does! With the surge of social media outlets growing and taking over people’s lives, many people feel they need to keep up with the new social trends being posted 24/7 on social media platforms. These trends cover: fashion, lifestyle, health, beauty, business…etc.
We, as people, are attracted to the visual things, so what we see is what we seek rather than what we think is what we see. So have such social outlets or platforms has facilitated and fed this desire to share our lives with the public. The feeling of being accepted and receiving attention are the main driving factors which force people nowadays to worry about their image and their status in society. I guess the more we share, the more we feel linked to society and thus get the feeling of belonging in the world.
This constant desire to meet this new age of living has led people to feel sad and depressed due to the fact that they are so consumed and obsessed with keeping up with the current trends in society.
Do you really need an application to be happy? Not really, because to regain your life and avoid being sucked into the world of social media, you should adopt a private life.
Here are some tips on how to live a private life:
- Limit your use of social media applications.
- Moderate the sharing of personal information online.
- Keep personal feelings for the real world.
- Get a physical hobby.
- Sleep more.
- Enjoy eating away from social media applications, especially Instagram!
- Share photos with family and close friends.
- Have two social media accounts: a private and public one.
- Share less of your personal life with co-workers online.
- Get a hobby that is remotely linked with social media applications.
Finally, do YOU believe you are cherishing your private life and living it to the fullest? What tips can you share with our readers to help them find peace and calm in their day-to-day lives? We are looking forward to hearing from you in the comment section below.